TIPS & HOW TO'S
Getting a Building Permit
What you need to do:
- 1. Aquire and complete an application form available at: Dysart et al Note: all applicable fields of application must be properly completed.
Proposed use of the building is the use of the building = residential or storage etc., the type of building is listed under Description of proposed work build a garage or home
- Two complete sets of properly drawn building plans.
- Site Plan- must be neatly drawn referenced to a copy of the survey. copy of the Health Approval for sewage system.
- Any entrance approval required.
- An owner’s declaration for authorized agent if the application is not signed by the owner.
- Cleaning and Repair of Highway inspection fees (By-law 2009-29)(Applicable only on Municipal roads).
- The required fees.
All of the forms and other information can be found at Dysart et al.
Important contacts at Dysart at el:
Dan Sayers (Chief Building Official) (705) 457-1740
Matt Aldom (Building Inspector) (705) 457-1740
Timber Mart Project Centre
TIMBER MART provides fun and easy to use plans and materials lists for simple projects around the home. Whether you are trying to improve your outdoor living space or want to spend quality time with a child or grandchild, teaching them the satisfaction and enjoyment that comes from working with wood, TIMBER MART has a plan for you.
Looking for tips on general building and home renovations? Click here to access on of our many Timber Tips!